Enter our photo competition!
If you’ve taken some lovely photos of Oundle or the surrounding villages and district over the past year, why not enter our free photo competition? We’re looking for 12 pictures for our 2023 Scenes Around Oundle calendar, and our competition is online so it couldn’t be easier to take part. The closing date is Thursday, 30 June 2022.
We’re looking for 12 beautiful pictures that reflect and celebrate life in Oundle and its surrounding district and villages. Whether it’s gorgeous local architecture and landmarks, or pictures of people, wildlife or scenery, we’re searching for one great photo to illustrate each month of the year.
All of the winning photos in this year’s calendar showed something special about Oundle and our local area. There were pictures of fishing at Barnwell Country Park, wildflowers at Thorpe Waterville and the lights at Oundle’s Christmas Market, as well as the eye-catching image of the peacock at Kirby Hall which we also featured on the cover.
We don’t offer any monetary prizes but the 12 winning pictures will feature in our calendar, which is sold to raise money that will support and improve Oundle Library. Over the past 10 years, proceeds from the calendar have allowed FOOL to spend more than £8,000 on capital items for the library such as furniture and equipment, and to pay for things like children’s entertainers, competition prizes and craft materials as well.
How to enter
Our photography competition is open to everyone (of any age), is free to enter and you don’t have to be a Friend of Oundle Library to take part. The only thing to remember is that your photos must be in full colour, landscape format and high-resolution so they will print well. Read the rules of the competition below and then send us your chosen photos any time from now until the closing date for entries – 8pm on Thursday, 30 June 2022.
- No more than 4 photos per entrant.
- Photos must be submitted before 8pm on Thursday, 30 June 2022.
- Photos must be in landscape format and in colour (not black and white).
- High resolution images are needed for printing, so please make sure each photo is a minimum file size of 1MB+.
- If photographers cannot supply their winning photos with the correct resolution for printing, no substitutions will be accepted.
- Each photo entered into the competition should be named – not just labelled with a reference number.
- Photographers must provide their name and surname plus the title of each photograph, and the date or month when each was taken.
- Photos should be emailed to the Friends of Oundle Library at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any photographs taken on or within private property will require permission from the owner to allow its use in the calendar.
- Judging will be by the Friends of Oundle Library and no monetary prizes are offered.
- The Friends of Oundle Library reserve the right to use non-competition photographs in the calendar.