Being a Friend is one of the easiest ways you can support Oundle Library – and it’s free! We always welcome new Friends so if you love having a public library in Oundle we encourage you to join us.
As Friends our mission is to support Oundle Library by raising awareness and funds, and giving our energy and ideas.
Having a strong, vocal, Friends group is probably one of the best ways we can protect our public library for the future. If it’s clear that local residents really value and enjoy Oundle Library it makes it that bit harder for the council to close it.
What we do
Friends of Oundle Library exists to:
- Support and promote our library and the services it offers across our district
- Build connections in our community and encourage more people to use the library
- Raise money to pay for things that will enhance Oundle Library’s offer e.g. furniture, equipment, or competition prizes
- Contribute ideas for the programme of library events and activities
- Represent the views and opinions of local residents and library customers in any dealings with the Northamptonshire Library Service and North Northamptonshire Council.
- Produce a Scenes Around Oundle calendar every year, which we sell to raise money
- Raise money throughout the year with events and appeals
- Promote Oundle Library in the local community – particularly through our website and monthly newsletter
- Work with library staff and support them however we can.
We were formally constituted in 2011. The officers elected at our AGM in September 2021 are:
Chair: Jennifer Anderson
Secretary: Charlotte Williams
Treasurer: Tony Hoyle
Other committee members are: James Anderson, April Brown, Lydia Jones and Julie Wade Wallace.