Will you send us some of your photographs?
The coronavirus pandemic has changed so many things for everyone this year.
So we were saddened but not totally surprised to hear that Oundle Horticultural Society isn’t able to hold its annual Summer Show in July.
The Summer Show is where we usually select the photographs to go in our Scenes Around Oundle calendar. We will still be producing our calendar for 2021 so we’ve decided this year to run the photography competition online instead.
The competition rules will be the same as always (see the panel below) and it is open to all age groups. But instead of running the competition over one weekend we are inviting people to submit their pictures to us any time from now until the closing date for entries: midday on Friday, 10 July.
What we need
We’re looking for 12 beautiful pictures of local scenes (one to illustrate each month of the year) in Oundle and its surrounding district and villages. They can be of people, places, wildlife or landscapes, and maybe one or two will even portray the coronavirus lockdown! After all, the aim of our calendar is to showcase life in this area.
We’re asking photographers to send us their pictures by email. Each picture file must be named (not just shown as a reference number) and the email must provide us with the name of the photographer, the full title of each photo, and, if possible, the month when each picture was taken.
So, if you take photos please dig through them to see if you have any you’d like to enter. And if you know someone who takes pictures, encourage them to enter as well.
We don’t offer any monetary prizes but the winning pictures will appear in our calendar, which is sold to raise money to support and improve Oundle Library. The calendar goes on sale every year in September and is by far our biggest fundraiser. Over the years it has enabled us to purchase everything from mobile book shelves and garden furniture to glue sticks!
Enter the competition!
We hope you will enter our photography competition. Remember, it’s open to all age groups and you don’t have to be a Friend of the Library to take part.
- No more than 3 photos per entrant.
- Photos must be submitted before midday on Friday, 10 July 2020.
- Photos should be emailed to the Friends of Oundle Library at and each picture file should be named for the photo – not just a reference number.
- In the email please provide your name and surname, the title(s) of your photograph(s) and the date or month each was taken.
- Photos must be in landscape format (not black and white); and a minimum of 300dpi or a file size of 2MB+ so images can be printed to A4 size.
- If photographers cannot supply their winning photos with the correct resolution for printing no substitutions will be accepted.
- The Friends of Oundle Library reserve the right to use non-competition photographs in the calendar.
- Judging will be by the Friends of Oundle Library and no monetary prizes are offered.
- Any photographs taken on or within private property will require permission from the owner to allow its use in the calendar.
- Send your photos to us at firstname.lastname@example.org