Enter our photo competition!
During the past year, have you been out and about taking photos? If you’ve taken any pictures you’re particularly pleased with, which might be good enough to feature in our 2022 Scenes Around Oundle calendar, why not enter our photo competition?
It’s free to enter and open to everyone
(of any age); and you don’t have to be a Friend of Oundle Library to take part.
We’re looking for 12 beautiful photos of local scenes which celebrate life in Oundle and its surrounding district and villages. They can be of people, places, wildlife or landscapes – and we need one picture to illustrate each month of the year.
Winning photos in last year’s photography competition included pictures of fox cubs, snowdrops, local landmarks, scenery and events, and even a wild swimming competition in the River Nene. Each of them showed something special about Oundle and its local area.
Free to enter
The competition is free to enter and the rules are shown in the panel below. You can submit pictures to us any time from now until the closing date for entries – 8pm on Saturday, 3 July 2021.
We don’t offer any monetary prizes but the 12 winning pictures will appear in our calendar, which is sold to raise money to support and improve Oundle Library. Over the years, the calendar has enabled us to buy everything from notice boards and furniture, to glue sticks and glitter!
Our tenth calendar
2022 will be our 10th anniversary calendar and to mark the occasion we’ve decided to share the money we raise with Blooming Oundle.
Blooming Oundle is a new voluntary group that’s taking on various projects to improve our town, from putting new planters in the market place and at the town signs, to organising litter picks and cleaning the bus stops and street furniture. They’ve also been working incredibly hard to improve the growing spaces around the doctors’ surgery car park and the library, and we wanted to thank them for everything they’ve done and help them continue their good work.
Take the next step!
Why not look through all the pictures you’ve taken over the past year and see if you think any are good enough to feature in our calendar? It couldn’t be easier to enter our photo competition. Just follow the rules below.
- No more than 4 photos per entrant.
- Photos must be submitted before 8pm on Saturday, 3 July 2021.
- Photos must be in landscape format and in colour (not black and white).
- High resolution images are needed for printing so please make sure images are a minimum file size of 1MB+.
- If photographers cannot supply their winning photos with the correct resolution for printing, no substitutions will be accepted.
- Any photographs taken on or within private property will require permission from the owner to allow its use in the calendar.
- The Friends of Oundle Library reserve the right to use non-competition photographs in the calendar.
- Judging will be by the Friends of Oundle Library and no monetary prizes are offered.
- Photos should be emailed to the Friends of Oundle Library and each picture file should be named for the photo i.e. not just labelled with a reference number.
- In the email photographers must provide their name and surname, the title of each photograph and the date or month when each was taken.
- Send your photos to us at firstname.lastname@example.org