FOOL Quiz 2021
How well do you know your Shakespeare?
As well as celebrating the fact that Oundle Library has opened again, we’re using the opportunity to mark Shakespeare’s Birthday. After all, this time last year we had to cancel our annual Shakespeare event at Oundle Library because of the coronavirus pandemic.
So why not enter our quiz? It will stretch your Shakespeare-sinews and you might win a £25 Book Token!
The quiz has been created for us by Oundle U3A’s Shakespeare Group 4. There are seven rounds of ticklish questions on everything from the plays to words and phrases. There’s even a picture round.
It costs just £1 to enter and the quiz sheets are on sale at the Oundle Book Shop, Colemans, North’s Shoes and White Vanilla. Closing date is Friday, 28 May 2021 and completed quiz sheets can be submitted at Oundle Library. Competition rules are shown below.
Activities for children
Our thanks to the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust for allowing us to offer some craft activities for children on our website. All of these are quick to download, make and do. The Lego Macbeth is probably the most testing but the effort will be worth it because he looks absolutely splendid!
A picture of Shakespeare’s house to colour, cut and fold into a pop-up card.
Instructions to make a Lego Macbeth, who is even wearing a kilt, cloak and crown …
Make a ruff
An Elizabethan neck ruff to cut out and decorate. Great for teddy bears too!
Make a crown
Who doesn’t love a crown? Here’s one to cut out and decorate. Adjusts to fit all sizes.
HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW YOUR SHAKESPEARE? Rules of the Competition
- Closing date for all entries is 12.00pm (midday) on Friday, 28 May 2021.
- The prize for the winning entry will be a £25 book token.
- If there is a tie, all the correct entries will be put into a prize draw to decide the winner.
- Entries will be checked and marked by the Oundle U3A Shakespeare Group 4 and their decision will be final.
- The Friends’ Committee will contact the winner – so please remember to supply your name and contact details.
- The money raised from the sale of the quiz will be used to improve facilities at Oundle Library.